Workshop Night Shift Supervisor - Doncaster
We currently have an opportunity for a qualified, professional and competent Workshop Night Shift Supervisor to join our team at our Mercedes-Benz Dealership in Doncaster.
Working in our modern workshop with excellent facilities;
· Nights - Tuesday to Friday 21:00-07:30.
· Salary between £14.99 per hour and £17.29 per hour dependent on experience/qualifications.
· Additional £1,800 annual bonus dependent on meeting performance targets.
· Overtime available.
· 24 paid day’s holiday per year.
· Extra days issued at your 5 and 10 yr points.
Your main role is to ensure the efficient operation of the workshop team, to meet and exceed internal and external customer expectations and maximise workshop efficiency and profitability.
Some of the key role responsibilities are:
· Responsible for the supervision of a workshop team and dealing on a day to day basis with customers.
· To properly supervise, develop and train the workshop team to achieve the highest possible levels of performance.
· Responsible for quality control of all work carried out entering on kerridge above 10% of QC of workshop throughput.
· Carry out entering on Kerridge above 30% completion of Visual Health Check against Workshop Van throughput.
· To monitor workshop loading and ensure continuity.
· To liaise effectively with the Customer Appointments Controller and Parts Department.
· To receive customers and their vehicles in a friendly and professional manner, discuss and confirm their requirements and take responsibility for the vehicle during its time at the Retailer.
· To hand over and receive back any loan vehicle according to the published procedure.
· To supervise the flow of work for their team in the workshop, allocating work as required and maximising the use of available resources.
· To ensure that collection and delivery drivers operate to schedule and meet customer and workshop expectations.
· To ensure that repair orders are raised and processed according to the established guidelines and that work is completed to schedule.
· To ensure that the requested work is completed on time and to the expected standards.
· Ensure Job cards are fully/correctly completed by Technicians ensuring they are processed for invoicing in a timely manner.
· To ensure that job extensions are properly authorised and processed.
· To keep customers fully and regularly informed of changes to costs and expected completion times/dates.
· To ensure that vehicles are properly handed over to customers, including invoice explanation and advising future requirements.
· To take responsibility for subcontracted repairs and ensure the quality of such.
· Ensure that proper use is made of technical information and that it is maintained up to date.
· To ensure that the authorization of warranty and goodwill is given strictly in accordance with the manufacturer's programme.
· To ensure all relevant warranty parts are cleaned, drained and returned to the Parts Dept.
· Carry out regular performance assessments of team members.
· To monitor and enforce time control of team members.
· To supervise MOT testing and ensure Truck MOT first time pass rate is above 96%.
· To maintain high standards of housekeeping within the workshop and maintain a safe working environment
About the Person
The successful applicant will be:
· Completed a recognised apprenticeship in the motor trade.
· At least five years of practical experience in an After Sales environment.
· Ability to identify and differentiate between the various MBPC models and lines.
· Knowledge of the function of all vehicle controls and systems for each model.
· Ability to recognize and name all major components, their approximate location, and function.
· Ability to carry out basic fault diagnosis based on customer description, vehicle inspection or road test.
· Ability to estimate accurately times for diagnosis and repair.
· Ability to determine the condition of safety-related parts i.e. tyres, brake pads, and wiper blades.
· Ability to determine the complexity of body/paint repair (smart repair or full body shop).
· Good basic administrational knowledge.
· Demonstrably numerate and literate.
· Should possess good customer relations skill to adapt to customers individual requirements whilst safeguarding the Company’s interest.
· Should possess a calm and even temperament.
· Ability to handle pressure without it affecting working relationships and effectiveness.
· Should possess excellent listening skills.
· Should possess strong self-organizational skills.
· Ability to verbally communicate clearly and succinctly both face to face and via telephone.
· Ability to produce faultless written communications.
· Ability to convey information accurately between the source and third party.
· Demonstrate a good understanding of team dynamics.
· Demonstrate man management skills to a minimum of supervisory level.
· Demonstrate an understanding of targets and measures need to achieve them.
· Ability to work positively with manufacturers’ representatives.
Flexible, self-motivated and be able to work under their own initiative, as well as being able to work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines.