Truck Sales Executive - Manchester
We currently have an opportunity for a Professional and Experienced Truck Sales Executive to join our team at our Mercedes-Benz Dealership at Trafford Park.
The role will be based at our Trafford Park dealership, however you will be predominantly field-based.
You will be representing one of the world's best known brands as Roanza Truck and Van is the Franchised Mercedes-Benz dealer selling the full range of new and used Mercedes-Benz Commercial Vehicles across the North-West and North Wales.
As a Mercedes Benz Truck Sales Executive, you will be responsible for identifying new business and building lasting relationships with prospects. You will also be responsible for continuously monitoring order progress and managing customer expectations of vehicle acquisition and preparation.
The position involves working 08:30 to 17:30 Monday to Friday, with additional hours to perform your role as required. We offer a Competitive Salary comprising of basic salary plus commission, dependent on experience.
You will have access to a company vehicle, as well as other benefits offered by the company. We offer a workplace pension, death in service benefit and a generous annual holiday entitlement of 30 paid day’s holiday per year plus extra days issued at your 5 and 10 yr points.
Other responsibilities include but are not exhaustive of:
- Ensuring that the demonstrator fleet is effectively used to maximise sales.
- Informing and advising operators on Mercedes-Benz heavy goods vehicles, equipment, prices, conditions, technical data and other issues.
- Highlighting the features of the Mercedes-Benz products specific to the operator’s needs.
- Evaluating used heavy goods vehicles and arranging for technical appraisals to be carried out.
- Organising and carrying out test-drives and evaluating results.
- Compiling and sending out quotations.
- Involvement in sales events/ride and drive type events/exhibitions.
- Maximising downstream revenue for customers.
- Concluding sales, negotiating terms (trade-ins, type and method of payment, method of vehicle transfer, etc.), if necessary obtaining agreements and drawing up the sales contract.
- Recording the customer's order preparing cost calculation and passing them on to the respective department.
- Supervising conclusion of financing, leasing contracts, insurances and service contracts
- Supervising all processes up to delivery.
- Handing over vehicle and introducing customer to the vehicle.
- Planning and carrying out regular contact with customers.
About the person:
In this field based role, you will need to be well organised, tenacious, confident and enthusiastic. The ideal candidate will have experience and able to demonstrate proven success in Truck Sales or similar Industry and ideally, based within or around the Manchester area.
Previous experience within the Commercial Vehicle Industry is preferred, but most importantly an ability to secure business in order to achieve both internal and manufacturer’s target objectives.
Skills and Competencies required for the role:
- Enthusiastic, adaptable and have a positive 'can do' attitude and willingness to work as part of a team and be driven to succeed.
- Customer-focused and fully committed to delivering the highest professional standards.
- Resilient, thorough and accurate when completing a task with strong attention to detail.
- Honest with high levels of integrity.
- Flexible, self-motivated and be able to work under their own initiative, as well as being able to work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines.
- Understanding of job role.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to negotiate effectively.
- Willingness to learn.
- Share and acquire new information.
- Reliable, trustworthy and empathetic.
- Positive attitude and commitment to the Company.
- Ability to carry out analysis of needs and requirements.
- Preparing and following up customer contacts.
- Personal integrity.
- Be computer literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft office primarily word and excel.
- A full driving licence is also essential.
About Roanza Truck & Van
The team here at Roanza Truck & Van believe strongly in building and maintaining good customer relationships and strive to exceed our customers’ expectations. The foundation for this success is the knowledge, commitment and skill of our staff.
Roanza Truck & Van was formed following the merger of Enza Motors and Road Range and is a franchised Mercedes-Benz dealer across the North-West and North Wales. We have dealerships at Warrington, Deeside, East Manchester, Liverpool, Stoke-on-Trent and Trafford Park making us ideally placed to offer our customers a one stop shop for sales, service, maintenance and supply of parts.
Roanza Truck & Van has served the region for over thirty years under the Enza and Road Range names and have a broad base of loyal customers, including many household names. Our priority is to ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with the service they receive; whether buying a new or used Van or Truck or returning for Aftersales care.
What you can expect
A career with Roanza Truck and Van will certainly be both challenging and rewarding, as our staff face the dynamic pressures of the commercial vehicle market.
We have over 450 staff and treat each as individuals supporting many roles with a structured training and development plan. Matching our high standards, we seek talented individuals with a passion for the automotive industry to represent Mercedes-Benz, one of the most well-known and prestigious brands worldwide.
Roanza Truck & Van is an equal opportunities employer and values its employees as an asset and provides:
- Career development
- Rewards and benefits
- Superb working conditions
If you are interested in applying for this role, email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com