Workshop Controller - Trafford Park
We currently have an opportunity for a Workshop Controller to join our team at our Commercial Mercedes-Benz Dealership in Trafford Park.
As a Workshop Controller you will be working closely with and supporting the General Aftersales Manager and Service Team Leader to achieve and maintain an efficient and profitable service operation, manage and develop a customer-oriented and profitable workshop.
This includes, in particular, optimally utilising the market, ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction and high yields for the department, as well as planning, controlling and monitoring processes in the Workshop.
You will be responsible for managing and developing your team, and ensuring that all Mercedes-Benz UK standards are met and legal regulations on labour and environmental protection complied with. You will be expected to promote, achieve and maintain good staff relations and demonstrate leadership at all times.
The key purpose of this role is to ensure the efficient operation of the workshop team, to meet and exceed internal and external customer expectations and maximise workshop efficiency and profitability.
The basic salary will be £30,000 per annum, plus a bonus structure, with the a potential of £6,000 per annum.
Working hours will be 07:00 – 19:00 on a 4-on-4-off basis, although you will be required to work flexibly and work the hours that are required for the role.
About the Person
The successful applicant will be:
- Enthusiastic, adaptable and have a positive 'can do' attitude and willingness to work as part of a team and be driven to succeed.
- Customer-focused and fully committed to delivering the highest professional standards.
- Resilient, thorough and accurate when completing a task with strong attention to detail.
- Honest with high levels of integrity.
- Flexible, self-motivated and be able to work under their own initiative, as well as being able to work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines.
- Motor trade experience in a similar role ideally experience using the Kerridge system however full training for our systems will be given.
- Be computer literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft office primarily word and excel.
- Able to manage their workload that will involve meeting time critical deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Technician knowledge would be advantageous.
- A full driving licence is also essential.
If you are interested in applying for this role, email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org